Thursday, October 6, 2011

How to make delicious chicken : Ginger Lemon Chicken

The other day I was really bored, so I decided to try my hand at cooking. Why cooking you may ask, well, I am kind of a foodie, and mostly my instincts about flavors that would go well are bang on. So anyway, it turned out to be really good, so I thought I'd put a post on cooking as well, here's how I went about it :

1. Collect the following ingredient :
  • Chicken - 500 gms
  • Lemons - 3-4
  • Ginger - One medium size piece, about 3/4th of the size shown in the image below
  • Garlic - 4-5 cloves
  • Rock Salt - To taste
  • White pepper - To taste
  • Green Chilly - 1-2
  • Olive oil - Enough to oil a pan
  • Herbs for seasoning (oregano, basil and parsley)
2. Wash and put the chicken in a container and stab it with a fork.
3. Grate or make a paste of the ginger, crush the garlic, squeeze the lemons, add rock salt and white pepper to taste, and deseed and add the green chilies and marinate for 6-12 hours.
4. Heat up a pan (preferably a grill pan) and grease it with a few teaspoons of olive oil.
5. Once the oil is warm enough, drain the marinade and add the chicken to the pan, put in some dried herbs of your choice.
6. Cook the chicken on a shallow flame, which is warm enough to keep the chicken sizzling, but not enough that the chicken gets burnt or cooks to quickly. Take at least 20 minutes cooking it turning it over and over again.
Voila... Making delicious chicken is as simple as that.

No comments: